6D5N: The ancient citadels of Chan-chan, the valley of pyramids and Whale watching off Peru’s Pacific north coast.
This tour takes travelers on a journey that explores incredible landscapes and pre-Inca history. We will visit the following locations as well as learn about the “Caballitos de Totora” (an ancient method for building small boats that have been used by fishermen for the past 3000 years and are arguably the first form of surfing) and take a boat trip to see Humpback whales and swim with turtles.
Chan-chan: The archeological site of a magnificent ancient city near Trujillo. It was home to the Chimú civilization before it fell to the Incas in the year 1470. Its sprawling adobe architecture includes citadels and pyramids which make for spectacular panoramas on the desert coast.
Túcume – Valley of Pyramids: This vast area of over 540 acres is shrouded in mystery and superstition. Some local people still refer to it as Purgatorio and don’t dare venture there after dark. It dates as far back as the Sican civilization in 800 AD and is home to 26 major pyramids and mounds.
- Arrive in Trujillo and collect travelers from their respective accomodations.
- Learn about the Caballito de Totoro watercraft and take them for a surf in the sea.
- Visit the ancient citadels of Chan-chan.
- Lunch, followed by a transfer to the bus-station where we will embarque to Lambeyeque.
- Collection from accomodation in Lambeyeque
- Guided visit of the Royal Tombs of Sipán museum which contains important artifacts such as ceremonial vessels and jewellery.
- Lunch, then to Túcume for a tour of the pyramids.
- Return to the accomodation to collect luggage before travelling by overnight bus to Las Organos
- Check in to Accomodation then have breakfast.
- Some free time to explore the area or relax before meeting up again for Lunch.
- Horse riding/hiking on local trails and along the beach.
- Boat trip to watch the whales and swim with turtles (Lunch onboard).
- Return to shore then have dinner in a local restaurant.
- Meet up for lunch in the early afternoon.
- Transfer to the pus station and leave for Piura
- End of the experience