Remember that all our package tours can be altered to suit your traveling needs.
Ecotourism and Culture Trail
This unique route combines culture and nature. Beginning in the capital city of the Province of Lamas – an ancient town whose inhabitants keep traditions and ancestral customs. Continuing to Chiricyacu Native community where you will learn a handicraft with the local indigenous women, ceramics, weaving chumbes or baskets. The forests in this area are home to breath-taking waterfalls such as Chapawanki.
Finally ending your journey in San Roque de Cumbaza home to the River Cumbaza a great place to relax and enjoy the end of your trip.
•Relax and enjoy the comfort staying in San Roque de Cumbaza
•Seated in the conservation area ‘Cordillera Escalera’
Lamas – Wayku Indigenous community
Castle of Lamas
Day 1: Lamas – Chanka Museum -Chapawanki Waterfall- Chirikyacu Community
- Arrive in to the Town of Lamas, and then visit the Chanka Museum. This is a gallery dedicated to the Quechua El Wayku community. It contains information on cultural traditions as well as ceramics, textiles, antiques and a photo exhibition of “old” Lamas.
- A 30-minute walk to the ‘Castle of Lamas’; an excellent place to see views of the town.
- Short walk into the neighborhood of Wayku, often you will see traditional dances in the plaza. Opportunity to buy artisan crafts.
- Lunch in the town of Lamas
- Visit the Chapawanki waterfall
- 50 minute drive to the Chirikyacu community
- Overnight stay in a local hostel ‘ Valencia Wasi’
Day 2: Chirikyacu Community
- Courses in ceramics, chumbe or basket weaving, with the indigenous artisanal women of the village.
- Opportunity to bake some fresh bread before having Lunch in the village.
- 3 hour walk to the town of San Roque de Cumbaza
- Get settled into the accomodation
- Dinner using foods harvested locally.
- Overnight in San Roque’
Day 3: Viewpoint trail and canopy zip-line
- Hike to the ecologicl viewpoints with an opportunity to go for a swim in the river
- Visit the Situlli Eco-lodge for a regional lunch.
- Canopy Zipline (approximtely 150m).
- Some free time in the afternoon before dinner.
- Overnight stay in San Roque.
Day 4: San Roque de Cumbaza – Relax
- San Roque is a great place to enjoy your holiday. There are opportunities to swim in the Cumbaza river, visit local producers of coffee or simply relax at the accomodation
- Lunch in the village before returning to Tarapoto (approximately 45 minutes)
- End of experinece
Platform built for jumping into the Cumbaza River
Prices: 2PAX – $430USD per person
Inclusions: Translated guided tours – English |Meals -4 breakfasts, 5 lunches, 4 dinners |Transport: Private car or motor taxi to Lamas – Lamas to Chiricyacu – San Roque to Tarapoto |Accommodation: Casa La Sangapilla, ecological hotel with a naturally treated swimming pool (1 night) Hostel Valencia Wasi ( basic facilities 1-night), Ecolodge Chirapa Manta, comfortable accommodation (1-night.)| Included all activities